At BlueTree Marketing, Corp., (“BlueTree Marketing”) we created an ePhilanthropy software that permits nonprofits to reach more donors, increase awareness, and improve fundraising efforts. The privacy of your personal information is very important to us. As such, BlueTree Marketing presents this statement to give our users a clear understanding of how we gather personal information when using our Web site, as well as some of the steps we take to safeguard it. If you have any questions or concerns relating to privacy or security, please send an email to
- Information We CollectWhen you visit and navigate our Web site, we will not collect personal information about you unless you provide us that information voluntarily. By “personal information,” we mean data that is unique to an individual, such as a name, physical address, e-mail address, telephone number or credit card related information.
When you register for any service or feature on our site, we require the following personal information: first and last name and e-mail address. We may also ask you to select a personal user name and password. In addition, we request that you provide additional information, such as telephone number, street address, city, state, zip code and country. If you register for any service under which BlueTree Marketing will process payments made by you, then we may require certain financial information (such as the name on the credit card, credit card number and expiration date).
- Information SharingBecause we consider any personal information you give us as confidential, except in the limited circumstances described below, as a general rule BlueTree Marketing uses information collected from you in aggregate form only. In other words, we combine the information with data collected from other individuals to produce anonymous, aggregated statistical information. We collect and use demographic information in order to improve the products and services we offer, to conduct market research, to generate profiles and reports, and to improve the overall experience of our Web site. We also may share this anonymous, aggregated information with partners, advertisers or other third parties.
Except as described below, BlueTree Marketing will not disclose to third parties any identifying personal information gathered from you unless (1) we have your consent and we tell you how your information will be used or (2) BlueTree Marketing is required to disclose such information by any applicable law or legal process.
The exception to this general rule concerns our role as a facilitator of online fundraising events. In order to fulfill this role effectively, BlueTree Marketing must be able to provide personal information of users to the organization holding the event. Specifically, BlueTree Marketing discloses the following information: (1) name, email and mailing address (and/or other contact information) of all donors, (2) name and email of all individuals who access the BlueTree Marketing site via refer your friends, email-this-page and/or “guestbook” features, and (3) name, email, mailing address (and/or other contact information) and credit card number or all high bidders and second-highest bidders (in case the high bidder is ineligible).
Please note that we do share non-personally identifying information (such as the number of users who visited our site) with interested third parties so that they can understand usage patterns on our Site and assist us both in enhancing the BlueTree Marketing Service and improving your experience.
- Information SecurityBlueTree Marketing utilizes generally accepted security measures (such as encryption) to protect against the misuse or unauthorized disclosure of any personal information you submit to us. However, like other Internet sites, we cannot guarantee that it is completely secure from people who might attempt to evade security measures or intercept transmissions over the Internet.
- Updating Information and Opting-OutWe provide mechanisms for updating and correcting your personally identifying information for many of our services. Simply click on the “My Account” tab located at the top of each BlueTree Marketing catalog page.
If you no longer wish to receive communications from BlueTree Marketing, you may email us at
email@example.com or click on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email sent to you by BlueTree Marketing.
You should know that opting-out or unsubscribing from our site does not delete the personal information from our system that may exist in backup files.
- IP AddressesAn Internet Protocol (IP) address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer by your Internet service provider whenever you access the Internet. This number may be the same each time you access the Internet or it may change. Like other Internet sites, BlueTree Marketing uses IP addresses to collect aggregate information about numbers of visitors and site usage. The address is logged on our server when your computer requests information from BlueTree Marketing. However, to allow users to access our site anonymously, your IP address is not linked with personal information about you. However, BlueTree Marketing reserves the right, in rare instances, to use IP addresses to identify individuals who threaten our site, service or users.
- Underage UsersTo become a member of BlueTree Marketing, individuals must be 18 years of age or older. If we learn that we inadvertently have collected identifying personal information from an individual under the age of 18, we will promptly delete that information from our system. If you believe another member is underage, please report their user name to
- Other Web SitesThis privacy statement applies only as long as you remain on the BlueTree Marketing Web site. Once you leave BlueTree Marketing to visit another site, we have no control over your privacy or security issues even if you reached the other site by clicking on a link within BlueTree Marketing.